Thursday, June 25, 2009

Welcome to DC Real Estate Blog

Welcome to this blog. I'm a young lawyer who recently purchased a house in DC. I found the process enjoyable and loved exploring listings. Now that my search is over, I decided to turn my interest into a blog. Although websites like Redfin were useful, I found a distinct lack of sites for buyers to discuss listings on the market. (To be sure, Prince of Petworth includes a lovely "Good Deal or Not" feature discussing real estate listings. I think that blog is terrific, but I wanted to add a blog that focuses exclusively on reader-driven feedback of DC real estate.) Thus, I decided to create this blog as a forum to discuss the residential real estate listings in the Dupont, Logan, U St, and Shaw neighborhoods of DC.

Whether this blog survives is very much a question of readership. I'm hopeful that DC residents will use this as a forum to engage in discussions of current listings. I'll post my comments and attempt to identify properties that strike me as good values, but these are solely my own opinions. The true value of the blog will stem from reader comments. So, post away, and let's see if we can make a valuable tool for current buyers in the real estate market.

If you would like discussion of a particular listing, I'm happy to post it by reader request. Just send an email to DCRealEstateBlog@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment